5.16.2008

first impressions

So I haven't blogged in quite some time.  I could blame it on finals, but I won't.  I could blame it on the gorgeous weather, but I can't; I've only been to the beach once since this bout of beautifulness, every other time I've been in a stuffy four story building selling paper with words printed on it.  So what should I blame it on, you may ask?  Nothing, I just didn't blog.  And since there are only a handful of people who read this (I'm picturing a baby's hand) I doubt I've caused much angst or disappointment.

Anyway, to bigger and far better things, and to explain this blog's title.  A year or so ago I purchased a HBO television series called "Unscripted."  It's about three "actors" in various stages of their respective careers failing and succeeding blah, blah, blah, and it's unscripted.  Ha, the irony.  My reason for purchase was that one of my acting teachers, Diane Baker, was supposedly in it playing herself.  I got three episodes in and disenchanted, I put it aside.  Didn't even get to the episodes with Ms. Baker starring.  Gave it to my brother, who said it was decent but different; a peculiar review.  Saw Ms. Baker a few weeks ago and figured, what the hell.  So I started it again and today, I just finished it.  Wow, was I wrong.  It was great.  So true to the actor's plight.  If you've ever taken an acting class or have thought about a career as an actor you must watch it.  Though it is sometimes depressing to see how many people fail, the series as a whole paints the craft with a very optimistic light.

Okay, I believe this blog to be sufficient enough to cover my aloof ass for the last couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.