4.25.2008

4 hours of envy

I work at a bookstore, a big one.  It starts with a "B."  Anyway, yesterday while trying not to look at the clock, a man came up to me and asked about some SF restaurant book we didn't have.  He then asked me about "The 4 Hour Work Week," which is this hugely popular book that everybody wants.  It's on all the top sellers list etc.  Anyway, the book's popular and I've shown many a people where it is.  But then he says, "I'm the author."  Oh, well that's different.  So he wants to sign what we have which is around 25.  We round them up and he signs them.  His name is Timothy Ferris and he's actually a really cool guy, just moved to the city; to retire probably.  He mentioned it was his first book; some first book.  Anyway, after he left I became depressed/envious of this man.  Here he is, only 30 years old, and set for life.  Me, well I had to sticker the books with "Autographed Copy" on it and stick them back on the shelf.  This is my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This seems like a scene out of a movie where you are the main character and the author is the gun and you two will meet again at the end of your movie and you will teach the author a life lesson.